Board Meeting Notes
March 9, 2012
Board members present: Nicole Dungca, Dominique Fong, Peter Wong, Yuxing Zheng
– Yuxing said the chapter has a $3,000 budget. She also deposited dues from national.
– Yuxing also noted that our chapter needs to hold a fundraiser this year, most likely the silent auction in the fall.
– The board agreed to subsidize Nicole’s mandatory national board representative trip to San Francisco, in the amount of $200.
– Yuxing reminded the board that a financial audit is due at the end of June, which is around the time she is helping with journalism camp.
– All board members agreed on the chapter offering three $200 stipends for students who register for the UNITY convention. The board agreed to offer applications by the March 16 early-bird application deadline.
– The chapter would see how many applications come in before considering reimbursement for board members.
– May 17: mixer with Doris (Nicole will organize)
– mid-June: Ford fellowship programming
– July: picnic (Dominique will see what space is available in Laurelhurst Park and organize)
– August: UNITY convention
– fall: silent auction
– Peter had questions about possible future partnerships with APANO, which would require caution because they are an advocacy group. There was also talk of doing something with the Society of Professional Journalists at some point (maybe a future mixer?).
Recap of mixer
– Overall, it was a successful event, our first of the year at Davis Street Tavern. About 15 people RSVP’ed on Facebook, and about 20 showed up to the mixer. A preliminary count of donations was about $140.